car was ordered April 14, 1987. After a long wait it
arrived July 27, 1987. The car ran 14.6 second standing start ¼ mile times
in 90+°F weather with 92 octane gasoline and the original Goodyear Eagle
GT tires (no traction). That was bone stock. The other pages in this
section are as follows
The car has 62 kmi. on it with approximately 300
runs at the dragstrip.
- OEM Specs.
- These are the original specifications for the vehicle
as it was manufactured. Specifications for the engine, chassis,
- OEM Options
- A description of the various options available with
codes and original costs.
- Service History
- A list of problems encountered, since owning the vehicle,
including the fixes.
- A presentation of the parts added and modifications
performed to improve the overall performance. Initially, without going
into the engine, the various modifications brought the standing start ¼ mile times down to a best of
12.19 seconds with a trap speed of 110.4 mph. Since then, the drivetrain has been completely redone with extensive modifications.
So far, the car covered the standing start ¼ mi. in
11.203 seconds with a trap speed of 121.9 mph.
- More Pictures
- More detailed views and descriptions of the modifications.
- Buick Literature
- A list of magazine articles I've accumulated over
the years. Primarily dealing with the turbo V6 Buicks.